Saturday 14 April 2012

Hosted on the Patio - Alexandra

I agree with what Tiff said in her last post - recently there has really been an influx of cute little cafes and restaurants with different themes. I really like it because it means that there is alot more diversity and of course, more variety for us as consumers. 

A few weeks ago, a few girlfriends and I went to this recently opened restaurant Hosted on the Patio. We went there for my dear friend Yan Ming's Hens Night dinner. It was a lovely place - quite secluded and very quiet. I like how alot of new cafes/restaurant owners are now choosing to start their businesses in pretty unique places and not in a common/boring shopping mall. I think it brings more charm to the cafe/restaurant. 

As anyway, all of us were really happy with how pretty the place looked. Unfortunately, the photos I took of the place did not do it justice at all because it was dark and the photos were pretty dark and blur :( However, do head on to their website http://www.hosted.sg/about.html, and you can see some nice photos of the place. 

There was a live band as well and the singer had a really nice voice!


Here's what we ordered that evening! 


First we ordered this to share - Grilled Spicy Squid and Crispy Calamari ($16). A chef's special!
It was super delicious we polished it off in a blink of the eye! Mmmmmm.

Each of us ordered one main dish each, but as usual we passed food around and got to try everything!!! Love sharing food!


Honey Bourbon Ribs ($26) - A chef's special!
Succulent beef ribs rubbed with herbs and spices slow baked till tender and dipped in a honey bourbon glaze with fries on the side. 
Sounds divine? Well, it tastes better than it sounds! No regrets with this one!


Penne Beef ($24) - Penne sauteed with cubes of beef tenderloin, mushrooms, spinach in a spicy basil tomato sauce. 
Very nice!!! The beef was really tender and flavourful!


Smoked Duck Liguinie ($24) - Wood-smoked french duck breast, nestled amongst asparagus and mushrooms with linguine pasta. All tied together with fragrant rose sauce. 
Another chef's special and it sounds really exotic doesn't it (smoked duck, rose sauce). Kudos to the bride to be who was adventurous enough to try that and I must say that she made the right choice because it was really good!!! 


Braised Lamb Shank ($24) - Slow braised lamb fore shank nestled on mint scented risotto, draped with roasted onion, tomato red wine sauce and drizzled with lemon parsley oil. 
I'm not a lover of lamb because I don't like that certain taste that lamb has. My friend who ordered it really enjoyed it though. So if you are a lamb lover then this dish is for you!


This is mine! Capelini Vongole ($20) - Fresh clams sauteed with lot of mined garlic and chillies, deglazed with white wine and tossed with angel hair pasta. 
As you can see from the picture, they were SUPER generous with the clams. It was never ending I swear. I felt like I was eating clams the whole evening even after distributing clams all around the table but I'm not complaining!!! Who would right? Heh.
The only criticism I have is that the sauce was abit too salty, other than that, everything else was great!

We couldn't ordered any dessert because we were all STUFFED by the time we finished our mains.



A very pretty swing!


❤ Great Night!

Price:
Mains $20 onwards
You can refer to their menu for the prices of the other food they serve:

The Meal:
Awesome food!
FYI, the Chef of Hosted, Chef Dennis Sim, is the "former Executive Chef from the internationally acclaimed Michelangelo's Group" so you can be quite sure that the food will not disappoint!

The Ambience:
I like how quiet the area is and the interior of the restaurant is very nice as well. There's a pretty big alfresco area, which is good for chill out sessions at night.

The Service:
The staff were friendly!

Overall:
Enjoyed my meal there, and I definitely recommend you to visit hosted! I'm looking forward to my next visit there so I can try the other things on their menu. 

Address:
991B Alexandra Road #01-10
Singapore 119970

Tel:
+65 6276 7337

Website:

Opening Hours:
Mon - Thu: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 6pm - 11pm
Fri - Sat: 11.30am - 2.30pm, 5.30pm - 12am
Sun: Closed
Happy Hour: 6pm - 8pm (Mon - Thu)


Okay that all for today! I hope it was a good read! (:
Enjoy the rest of your weekend, and have a good week ahead!

Love,
Huiyi

2 comments:


  1. Hi, I do believe your blog could possibly be having web browser compatibility issues. Whenever I look at your web site in Safari, it looks fine however, when opening in Internet Explorer, it's got some overlapping issues. I just wanted to give you a quick heads up! Besides that, fantastic site!visit my web blog..best online betting sitesThanks for the meal!! But yeah, thanks for spending the time to discuss this matter here on your site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw, this was an extremely good post. Finding the time and actual effort to create a good article… but what can I say… I procrastinate a lot and don't manage to get anything done.IBCBET

    ReplyDelete