Sunday 1 April 2012

Bistro Soori - Outram Park

Hi guys! Sorry it's been awhile since I last did a review! Had been busy with work and preparing for a friend's wedding! Well anyway, I'm back now, with a great place to recommend to all of you! 
*Do check out the opening hours before you head down, they have pretty unusual hours on the weekends!

Went for brunch 2 Sundays ago to celebrate GD's mother's birthday at a place called Bistro Soori. GD's sister brought us there. 

I realised that I didn't take ANY photos of the interior of the restaurant but you can see them on their website http://www.bistrosoori.com/. My initial reaction to the decor was that it was so homely! I really felt like I was at someone's house because the prep area was designed as if it were a home kitchen. The only difference was that men in chef uniforms were standing behind the counter prepping up gastronomical creations. 

Under GD's sister's recommendations, all of us took the brunch set, inclusive of a starter, main and dessert. (I'm checking the menu out on their website now, but I have no idea why the brunch set isn't on it!!!) Each brunch set was about $40++ (sorry I can't remember the exact price because GD's dad paid for the meal OPPS!). 

So anyway, lets go straight into the food shall we? We all had a taste of each other's food, and I have to say that I was very happy with every dish!

For starters, we had: 


Karaage Fried Prawn, Cherry Tomato, Kaffir Lime, Russian Dressing ($15) *prices are ala carte.
It was so delicious!!! 


Jumbo Lump Crab, Spinach, Tomato, English Muffin, BĂ©arnaise Sauce ($21).
Very good also, but not as good as the prawns!


Scallop, Pistachio, Arugula, Truffle, Pear Vinegar Gelee ($16).
I love love love scallops and the scallops here were paired really well with everything that came with it.

Now for the Mains:


Cured Roasted Pork Tenderloin, Braised Red Cabbage, Grain Mustard, Golden Raisin, Pear. 
DIVINE.
I really feel like eating this again right now, it is just that good!!!


Iberico Ham, Linguine, Cream, Parmesan, Chilli ($18).
It was yums but I don't normally like to order creamy pastas because the cream will get too rich or gelat after a while. It's good however, to order to share!



Penne Pasta, Tomato, Capers, Olives, Basil ($18).
Simple dish, wasn't all that fantastic. 



Short Rib Hash, Two Eggs Any Style, Toast ($14).
It was good, but after tasting so many different kinds of scrambled eggs in Perth, I felt that there was much room for improvement for these scrambled eggs. They were a little dry. The short ribs were good too but there was so little of it! It was barely enough to go around. 
What I really liked was the hash - they were really unique. Instead of the traditional hash browns, it was diced up into cubes and flavoured perfectly to suit the particular dish.


Steak and Eggs, Ranchero Sauce, Home Fries ($18).
Again, another delicious dish. The home fries here were diced up as well and it was seasoned to perfection. 
This was mine and I enjoyed every bit of it!!! 
But again, the eggs could have been better.

Alright, it'd Dessert Time!


Almond Milk Panna Cotta, Blueberry, Lemongrass ($12).
Very smooth, melts in your mouth goodness. 



French Toast, Coconut Whipped Cream, Caramelized Pineapple, Pink Peppercorn, Maple Syrup ($16).
It BLEW ME AWAY.
It was so soft, moist and fluffy! OMG how can anything be so delicious???
I really encourage you to order this if you happen to dine there because this is like heaven in your mouth.


Cognac Creme Brulee, Fresh Berries ($12).
I don't usually like Creme Brulees because I always find them too sweet for me. One spoonful is usually enough for me. 
GD, his sister and I could taste the Cognac in the creame brulee - it tastefully done, not too overpowering. 
His parents however, said that they couldn't taste the cognac at all, and we were all like, seriously!?
So I guess its really up to the individual preferences/tastebuds here! 

Actually, we had 1 more dessert - The Chocolate Tart with Lemon Curd and Whipped Cream but to my horror, I realised that I didn't take a picture of that, and it was my dessert!!! I'm horrified! How did I miss it out? :( 

Well, that's all for our wonderful brunch, it was indeed an enjoyable experience and I would definitely 100% go back again! 

Price:
Refer to the descriptions above for the ala carte prices. As I've mentioned, I don't know the price for the brunch set, but its around $40.

The Meal:
It deserves 4.5 donuts - need I say more?
The missing 0.5 donut is because of the scrambled eggs, haha.

The Ambience:
I really liked the contemporary homely feel.

The Service:
The service was good. The staff were friendly and attentive.

Overall:
Definitely one of my top 5s in Singapore!

Address:
No. 2 Teck Lim Road
Singapore 088385

Tel:
+65 6438 3802

Email:
info@bistrosoori.com

Website:

Opening Hours:
Monday-Friday: 11.30am - 2.30pm (Lunch)
6.30pm - 10.00pm (Dinner)

Saturday: 6.30pm - 10.00pm (Dinner)

Sunday: 11.30am - 3.30pm (Brunch)



That's all for today everyone! Have a good week ahead! (: 

Do let us know if you know of any good food haunts alright?

Love,
Huiyi







2 comments:

  1. Hey there!

    Wonderful review, loved reading it!
    We're glad you enjoyed your visit at Bistro Soori and look forward to having you and your guests over again.

    Meanwhile, have you checked out our facebook page? Why not give our page a 'Like' so we can update you with our happenings including an exciting new menu that is coming up? (:

    http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bistro-Soori/144398918978128

    Thanks and see you again!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind comment. Will definitely head there very soon!

      Delete